"The mission of the I.S.H. is to offer high quality education to the children of the expatriate community in Cuba. Specifically, the school serves and can admit students who have a foreign (non-Cuban) citizenship, and are temporarily living in Cuba with their parent(s) or guardian(s), and as such form part of the diplomatic or expatriate non-diplomatic community in the country."
"The philosophy of the school is to create and provide a stimulating, happy, safe, secure and disciplined learning environment that is non-discriminatory as to ethnic origin, gender or religious belief within which students are encouraged to take intellectual risks without being at risk physically. The school seeks to promote academic excellence by providing the best possible learning environment within an appropriately regulated community that contributes to and abides by its own rules. The School offers a programme of study through the medium of the English language, initially, by the internationally recognised standard of the I.G.C.S.E. and subsequently the International Baccalaureate diploma. The School seeks to encourage every child to reach full potential by instilling a commitment to lifelong learning and providing a programme of support for those that need it. The School further endeavours to foster respect for the different cultures that make up both the School and the wider community."
- To nurture the whole child within the academic curriculum and through Extra Curricular activities by addressing the emotional, moral, physical, intellectual, social, creative and cultural needs of the students.
- To maximise the skills of learning in all students, including those with Special Educational Needs, in order to provide learning experiences enabling students to meet, or preferably exceed, the benchmark learning outcomes and attainment levels set by our curriculum.
- To enhance the skills of teaching for all members of staff, through an ongoing programme of professional development based on sound, modern educational theory.
- To actively encourage parents to become and remain involved in the education of their children through regular reporting of student progress, programmed parent-teacher consultations and the development of home-school collaborative strategies to maximise student achievement.
- To promote a sense of care and responsibility in each child, for the School, host country and larger global ecological and educational environment through field-trips, projects, exchanges and other activities within the curriculum.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers