The American School of Barcelona (ASB) is an international, private, coeducational day school serving students from 3-18 years old in the greater Barcelona metropolitan area since 1962. ASB offers a university preparatory curriculum which provides its graduates access to American, Spanish and international universities. ASB is well known for its personal approach that fosters a "family atmosphere", making visitors and stakeholders feel welcome. Since its beginnings in 1962, parents, students and staff have felt a strong sense of commitment to the school and community.Our 950 students come from more than 55 different nationalities.
- is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)
- is recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school) by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- receives a grant from the US Department of State's Office of Overseas Schools
- belongs to the Mediterranean Association of International Schools (MAIS) and European Council of International Schools(ECIS) regional associations
- participates in the European Sports Conference (ESC), a regional sports league made up of schools from around the region
- leads the Barcelona International School Association (BISA) and has close ties with other international schools in Spain
Our mission is to empower pre-school through 12th grade students to become global citizens with the critical thinking skills and the self-confidence to maximize their potential.
The American School of Barcelona seeks to continuously improve through innovation. Our aim is to be recognized as the leading international school in Europe, empowering students to lead with integrity, to open minds, and to transform the world.
ASB Core values
Caring, Student-centered, Innovative, Rigorous, Resilient.